• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• What is the difference between phonetics and phonology

Who can help me to get the exact distinction between these two terms

Phonology is the study of sound systems and abstract sound units

Phonetics is a related branch of linguistics concerned with the actual properties of

speech sounds
    non-speech sounds
    and how they are produced

تعليق

the distinction between phonetics and phonology

Salam

There is a kind of ambiguity among students in determining the meaning of these two terms

First of all let's give you more information about phonology

Phonology is essentially the de******ion of the systems and patterns of speech sounds in a language

Phonology is based on a theory that every speaker of a language unconsciously knows about the sound patterns of that language

تعليق

thank you very much
        i know this information for the first time

تعليق

Thanks alot my dear brother(alkafeel)and i can add some information on these tow terms
          Phonetics and phonology concerned with the speech,with the way in which human presents speech however there are differences between the tow.

تعليق

First of all we should know the following information: ( Phonetics should precede Phonology).

تعليق

The work of the Prauge School whom their main interest laid in the phonological theroy and their theory of " Distinctive Features"which led to the distinction betweenPhonetics and Phonology.

تعليق

Phonetics is describing the speech sounds of the language of the world so phonetics concerned with de******ion and it has many branches.One of these branches is Articulatory Phonetics

تعليق

Articulatory phonetics can be divided into Anatomy and Physiology of speech

تعليق

Hi everybody, I wish to enrich this topic more , so I will add some information to get perfect idea about phonology and phonetics

In contrast to phonetics, phonology is the study of language-specific systems and patterns of sound and gesture, relating such concerns with other levels and aspects of language. While phonology is grounded in phonetics, it has emerged as a distinct area of linguistics, dealing with abstract systems of sounds and gestural units (e.g, phoneme, features, mora, etc.) and their variants (e.g., allophones), the distinctive properties (features) which form the basis of meaningful contrast between these units, and their classification into natural classes based on shared behavior and phonological processes. Phonetics tends to deal more with the physical properties of sounds and the physiological aspects of speech production and perception. It deals less with how sounds are patterned to encode meaning in language (though overlap in theorizing, research and clinical applications are possible).

تعليق

المحتوى السابق تم حفظه تلقائيا. استعادة أو إلغاء.
                    حفظ-تلقائي
                    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    يعمل...
                    X